Work at Emydex
Emydex Technology is currently looking for a standout IT Systems Technician who embodies all our values of:
#Empowerment #YesMinded #Dependablity #Excellence # Intergrity #Teamwork
We are an Irish Software Development company providing Software Solutions to over 100 leading Food & Meat Processing companies in Ireland, the UK, France, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Too look a little further into our company profile and to see what we are all about, check out our:
Check out our company profile and social events
IT Systems Technician - Ireland
Emydex Technologies are looking for a smart, flexible, and professional IT Systems Technician to add to our talented team. The role requires a client-focused individual to manage and maintain our IT based operations for our business.
You will act as the direct point of contact between our staff and our outsourced IT partners, managing the delivery of high quality technology and operational systems to our team that are spread throughout the world.
Skills & Experience
The Helpdesk Support Technician should have all the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as systems technician or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- ITIL Foundations knowledge.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/business related discipline, with a focus on network engineering.
To perform this job successfully, an individual really needs to possess the following
- Knowledge/experience of managing the IT function with good fundamental knowledge of networking and cyber security.
- Have a can do mentality and be willing to take ownership of IT issues as they arise.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment and the ability to manage occasionally stressful and challenging situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other service providers, companies and client support organizations.
- A passion for keeping up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical, data driven problem solver.
You will be a core part of a team ensuring the secure and stable supply of IT services and service improvement for our team. While you will require technical knowledge, communication skills lie at the heart of success in this role. If you love dealing with people, managing operational change through the use of technology and enjoy being at the forefront of Cyber Security thinking, this is a perfect role for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and be the first point of contact for on premise IT issues and escalations to our outsourced IT provider.
- Build relationships with clients and participate in necessary supplier meetings.
- Manage relationships with our key IT providers including SLA attainment, reporting, budgeting and IT asset management.
- Day to day communication and resolution of incidents reported by staff
- Work with IT provider to ensure the highest standards of network design and security are achieved. This includes the improvement of client technology risk scorecards and NIST Cyber Security Framework posture.
- Review and ensure fine tuning of security policies and monitoring tools for all cyber security infrastructure are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Work with outsourced IT provider(s) to ensure SLAs and contract responsibilities are being adhered to.
- Acting as a first point of contact for internal technical queries and working with service providers to bring to a logical and rapid closure.
- Upkeep of documentation system ensuring configuration management records are updated following the removal/installation of hardware across our technology fleet worldwide.
- Review of technical workload and ensuring that the highest standards are in place at all times.
- Review of day-to-day BAU IT operations and seek improvement in operational technologies supporting our business.
- Upkeep of on premise technologies ensuring they are maintained at a high standard.
- Review and management of licencing costs (MS 365, Development licences and Microsoft Azure).
Emydex Working Environment
Emydex value our employees and strive to create an engaging and enjoyable working environment that promotes personal growth while working with a leading-edge toolset.
- Spacious and modern office environment
- Full canteen facilities with free tea, coffee, bread, and fresh fruit for staff use.
- Encouragement, guidance, and support for those that want to self-improve and up-skill.
- Free car parking
- Time in lieu for overtime worked
- Flexible working hours (possible)
- Extra days’ holiday per year of service
- Finish Early Fridays
- No meetings Wednesdays
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme eligible after probation
- Bike to work scheme
- Position is based in West Dublin (Blanchardstown Corporate Park)
- Salary – negotiable depending on experience
- Bonus – based on achievement of objectives
Expertise & Innovation
Our staff say …
I have recently entered my 10th year working with Emydex, and I can honestly say in all that time there hasn't been a dull moment.
I have seen Emydex grow from a small team of 7 or 8 developers with a one member support team, to a team of 26 developers with 12 members in support.
In this time the company has rapidly broadened its global customer base. Because of this, myself & my family were delighted to get the opportunity to locate ourselves in Brisbane, Australia on a couple of short term secondments, and we've thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.
" Joining the Emydex team has definitely been a rewarding experience. "