Work at Emydex
Emydex Technology is currently looking for a standout .Net Framework Developer who embodies all our values of:
#Empowerment #YesMinded #Dependablity #Excellence # Intergrity #Teamwork
We are an Irish Software Development company providing Software Solutions to over 100 leading Food & Meat Processing companies in Ireland, the UK, France, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
For the past 5 years Emydex has ranked by Deloitte as one of the Top 50 Fastest growing Technology companies in Ireland! Emydex continues to grow rapidly, adding more and more new customers, and on foot of our continued success in the marketplace.
To look a little further into our company profile and to see what we are all about, check out our:
Check out our company profile and social events
.Net Application Developer - Ireland
As a .Net Application Developer, you will be working closely with the Product Team Lead and mainly responsible for developing new features, maintaining existing code and bring improvements to the Emydex Core Application Platform. On a normal day you will be working on user stories, writing unit tests, releasing new framework builds and investigate application issues. You will also be expected to perform scheduled application releases using DevOps.
Occasionally, you may also be required to investigate and build prototypes on new technologies with the aim of improving the core platform. If you are passionate about writing good, clean, and reusable libraries using SOLID principles and design patterns - this role is for you.
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET technology
- Proficient in C# language with a good knowledge of Windows based applications
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of Design/architectural Patterns
- Experience in writing reusable C# libraries
- Experience building application frameworks
- Work experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing unit and integration test for libraries
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Exposure to DevExpress tools would be an advantage.
- Exposure to PowerShell scripting would be an advantage
- Passionate about writing readable, reusable and maintainable code
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and build application backend core platform
- Complete application design, code, unit test and integration test tasks to agreed standards
- Provide technical support where required to internal team when required.
- Complete assigned work items within agreed timeframe
- Knowledge of Food Processing Industries would be advantageous but not necessary.
Emydex Working Environment
Emydex values our employees and strives to create an engaging and enjoyable working environment that promotes personal growth while working with a leading-edge tool-set.
- Spacious and modern office environment
- Full canteen facilities with free tea, coffee, bread, fresh fruit and a vending machine for staff use (post covid)
- Encouragement, guidance and support for those that want to self-improve and up-skill.
- Free car parking
- Time in lieu for overtime worked
- Flexible working hours (possible)
- Extra days’ holiday per year of service
- Finish Early Fridays
- No meetings Wednesdays
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme eligible after probation
We provide the latest versions of all our tools including:
- Visual Studio
- Redgate SQL Tools
- Salary – negotiable depending on experience
- Bonus – based on achievement of objectives
- This role can either be worked remotely or the flexibility to work under hybrid conditions; the option to work from home up to two days of the work week.
Expertise & Innovation
Our staff say …
I joined Emydex under the JobBridge scheme in November 2012 following a Higher Diploma in Software Development in Dublin Business School. Upon completion of the JobBridge I was kept on in a full time capacity as a Software Developer.
I have had exposure to both Product Development and Software Support and really enjoy the varied role. What I find great about working in Emydex is the mentoring that I get from Senior Developers and also the encouragement to work on my own initiative.
Emydex is conscious of the rapidly developing technology in this industry and the need to keep our skills up to date, working with new technologies is an element of my job which I love.