One of the UK's leading meat processing companies
Founded by brothers Jim and Jack Dobson in 1976, Dunbia is one of the leading meat processing companies in the UK and Ireland.
Headquartered in Dungannon, Northern Ireland, the company formerly known as Dungannon Meats, employs over 2,500 people and has an annual turnover in excess of €750 million.
Dunbia operates from 10 sites located in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland. On average, Dunbia processes 7,650 cattle, 57,500 lambs and packs 1,500 tonnes of fresh meat products every week.
A customer since 2007, Emydex has so far been rolled to Dunbia plants in Dungannon and Ballymena (Northern Ireland), Kilbeggan (Ireland), Sawley, Preston & Crewe (England), Elgin (Scotland) and Llanybydder and Felin Fach (Wales).
Dunbia rolled out Emydex's standard Retail Solution initially, but over time the company made changes to the system to suit the way they work and the individual demands of customers.
Working with Emydex
"In terms of benefits, the system gave us immediate control over systems and reporting. Using Emydex, back-office staff had instantaneous access to far more accurate reporting of efficiencies, yields and giveaways and operator performance.”
Jay Adams, IT Service Delivery Manager, Preston
- High volume internal product movements
- Requirement for Yields, Traceability, Stock Reporting
- Retail Cut, Sausage and Burger Production
- Retail packing based on forecast order plans
- To replace existing HCS legacy system (door-to-door)
- To implement in phases minimising downtime
- To improve reporting of Yields, Stocks, Traceability & Operator performance
- To Improve yield, throughput and quality
- Integration to Sawley Primal
- Integration to 3rd Cold Store
- Integration to Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Integration to Multiflex 3000
- Increased Throughput (660+ p/h)
- Improved Planning & efficiencies
- Improved Yield Reporting
- Increased Efficiencies
- Improved Quality
- Traceability Reporting
- Stock Management
Emydex CAPS off the year with a new Livestock Settlements System For most Meat processors, the procurement of…Find Out More
The international trade of food products has over time become highly competitive with many large multinational companies emerging…Find Out More