Emydex Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains how Emydex Technology uses and protects any personal information that you give when you use our services. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Personal Identifiable Information (PII) refers to any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Emydex Technology may collect personal data directly from individuals when they:
- Use our Software
- Contact our support team
- Visit our website and record an enquiry, download a resource e.g. a Brochure.
We may process certain types of PII as follows:
- Identity Data may include first name, last name, username
- Contact Data may include billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Technical Data may include login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices individuals use to access our site as captured automatically by our hosting platform’s webservers
- Profile Data may include username and password, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Usage Data may include information about individuals using our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data may include user preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
System users within client companies that use Emydex Software may also collect information and input PII about someone else (e.g. their own customers and suppliers and related contacts within those organisations) as part of normal system activities.
If these system users provide Emydex Technoloy with personal information about someone else, they must ensure that they are authorised to disclose that information to Emydex Technology, without taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws. Emydex Technology may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of providing the client with the service.
The Emydex user in this sense, acts as a Data Controller and must take adequate steps to ensure the Data Subjects that they are collecting information on are aware of and have consented to their information being collected and understand the purposes for which the information has been collected. Emydex clients must also make them aware of how they would go about their right to obtain access to their PII and their right to be forgotten under the provisions of the GDPR.
Use of your Personal Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and also for the following reasons:
- To provide the service and personalise your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process your data, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services.
- To provide customer support to help resolve technical issues: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyse repair and improve the Services
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to improve our software and services. We use collective learnings about how people use our services and look for to identify trends, customer requirements, and new product development. From time to time, Emydex may send you surveys to help improve our product and service offering.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use our services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, updates and improvements to the service.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the services, with your permission.
You can subscribe to a number of newsletters and eZines on our website by completing the relevant online subscription forms.
When you complete these forms, we record and save the content you input. We use this data to
- send you newsletters and eZines
- analyse the number of subscribers and the types of industries that are interested in our publications, in order to tailor future content.
From time to time, Emydex Technology may send you surveys to help improve our product and service offering.
Emydex Technology will continue to send you marketing communications if you have not opted out of receiving previous marketing material.
Opting Out of Communications
If you wish to stop receiving our newsletters or eZines, you may do so at any time by using the Unsubscribe link in every issue. Your email address may be retained to ensure you no longer receive communications from which you have unsubscribed.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, for example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website.
Emydex Technology does not sell, rent or lease it’s customer lists to third parties. Emydex Technology may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Alternatively, Emydex Technology may share data with trusted partners working with Emydex, for products and services that may be of interest to you. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information, except to provide these services as outlined by Emydex Technology and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We will disclose your Personal Data, if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it, in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Emydex Technology does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations.
Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your personal information is stored on secure servers that have SSL Certificates issued by leading certificate authorities.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Requesting access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by emailing [email protected]. Additionally, if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details below.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this Statement
Emydex Technology will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Emydex Technology encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Emydex Technology is protecting your information.
Emydex Technology welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Emydex Technology has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at i[email protected].