Production Planning Software
The Emydex production planning software system enables production planners to graphically view all elements that effect what needs to be manufactured and what can be manufactured.
For an abattoir, all parts must be consumed (either processed or sold), for further processing plants only products required should be purchased.
The planning system produces work orders that can be downloaded to the production shop floor system, maximising production efficiency.
The key objectives of the production planning solution are to:
- Deliver optimised Daily Production Plans.
- Ensure raw material batching is fully integrated with the daily planning system.
- Identify production requirements and estimations, to identify input/outputs to each process stage within the factory, to produce production plans leading to production works orders.
- Enable experienced production planners to record their knowledge into a system, to will allow less experienced operators to perform the production planning task. This makes the company less vulnerable to loss of experienced individuals and also opens up more potential for career development opportunities for the less experienced planners.
Benefits of our System
Forward planning based upon raw materials
- Raw material inputs are planned by Batch. Raw material inputs include whole carcasses; from carcass stock (own kill) and bought in carcasses, and also primal stock; from either WIP stock and bought in primals
- The production planner will drive raw materials forward through a series of jobs to convert the materials to the required outputs to meet order demands.
Backward planning based upon sales orders
- The production planner will determine the volumes of each product to be produced each day based on information from weekly sales orders and stock orders
- The Planner will convert the products to be produced, backwards through a series of jobs to derive the required carcass (or primal) input
- The planner will track progress of production against the weekly production targets to adjust plans for subsequent days as required.
By using a combination of forwards and backwards planning, the planner can create a balanced plan where a production output is defined for all raw material processed. That output could be;
- Finished Product allocated to sales order
- Finished Product allocated to stock
- Interim product allocated to work in progress (WIP) stock
Daily Work Orders and Instructions to Factory Systems
The key output from planning is a set of production work orders, which instructs factory production on what operationally must be carried out.
The planning system will interface the planner work orders to the factory floor system
Once the daily plan has been balanced it will need to be scheduled into production.
The production planning system includes factory simulation. This takes into account process and stock location capacities, enabling scheduling to be carried out by dragging and dropping the planned production work orders onto the required production lines (graphical representation).
The results are shown graphically and compared to line capacities, enabling the planners to schedule the most efficient schedule taking into account production capabilities and also target job completion times if required for same-day deliveries.
Comparison Plan to Actual
The progress of the actual production against foretasted plan can be analysed in real time when feedback is available from the factory floor system.
Further analysis can be carried out on finished production over a period of time and job standards modified if necessary.
Relationship to Factory Floor System
The Emydex production planning system is designed to work in conjunction with the Emydex production management system as the factory floor system; however, it has also been designed as a separate database to the factory floor system making it possible for it to be interfaced to any alternate factory floor system.
The only essentials are that planning system and factory system both share the same master data files, ideally imported from a common ERP or financial system.
Designed for your industry
Our software modules
The Emydex suite of software includes a collection of independent standalone software modules designed to manage and control a particular stage of the Food Production Process e.g. Kill Line & Payments.
Each modules sits on top of the core platform, and can plug seamlessly into any other module. The full suite of modules cover all aspects of Food production from factory door-to-door.
Our software provides real-time and accurate reporting of Production, Yields, Stocks, Quality and Traceability
Emydex’s Cutting-Edge Technology for Sheep tracking with NLIS. Following Victoria’s introduction of RFID ear tags for sheep and…Find Out More
Having rewritten from scratch, the core Emydex warehousing functions into our new Emydex XDA Android application, Emydex have expanded the handheld scanning functionality to cover Live Animal handling for beef processing, lamb processing and pork processing.Find Out More
Enterprise Ireland welcomed Minister for Agriculture, Food, and the Marine of Ireland, Charlie McConalogue to New Zealand where he visited the Silver Fern Farm in Christchurch to see the Emydex Technology factory floor software in action. #StPatricksDay2023 #InnovationAtTheEdge #SilverFernFarms #EmydexFind Out More
Emydex was founded in April 2004, so Dawn P&B was one of the very first customers to go live with an Emydex software system.Find Out More
Emydex recently completed the upgrade of its Electronic Quality Management System (EQMS) to the latest Version 6 of…Find Out More