A company producing infant formula for export
Established in 1972, Kerry has progressed from its modest beginnings in the southwest of Ireland into a leading player in the global food industry.
Commencing from a greenfield site in Listowel, Co. Kerry, Ireland over 40 years ago, Kerry Group has realised sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales of approximately €6.1 billion.
In supplying a diverse range of brands and private label food products to major markets across the UK and Ireland, Kerry structures their business into three main market segments, Dairy, Meat and Meal Solutions.
Kerry Ingredients Ltd, Charleville went live in March 2014 with an Emydex Recipe Control system that is used to monitor, control and provide real-time Traceability reporting on the dispensing of ingredients used to produce Infant formula destined for export markets.
Emydex’s Recipe System was successfully implemented in the Cannery factory in Kerry Flavours & Ingredients last year and the company plan to expand the system's use.
What Kerry Group says
"Work is about to commence on a second Recipe system for a separate Powder Area of the factory. The system will monitor, control and provide real-time Traceability reporting on the dispensing of ingredients used to produce Infant formula destined for export."
Ruth Clancy, Process Engineer, Kerry Flavours & Ingredients
- Green-field operation
- Producing Infant-formula for new Far-East markets
- Requirement for a factory floor integrated Recipe formulation system
- Requirement for Speed i.e., high volumes and throughputs
- Requirement for ‘Bullet-proof’ traceability reporting system
- Robust Factory Floor Recipe System - Recipe Creation - Recipe Filling Station - Work Order - Bag Labelling
- Integration to SAP
- Real-time reporting on Traceability
- Daily Production KPI reporting