One of Northern Ireland’s largest poultry processors
Moy Park is one of Northern Ireland’s largest poultry processors. Founded in 1932 as O'Kane Poultry, the group operates two hatcheries, a feed mill and a processing plant in Ballymena covering both chicken and turkey production. The company employs over 1,500 people and produces over 500 different product lines.
Moy Park has been an Emydex customer since 2009 when Emydex began work on a pilot project to provide the company with areal-time warehouse management and dispatch system, with full traceability. The project was later extended to deliver both the Emydex Packing Management and Yields and Costings modules sitting on the underlying Emydex Data Management platform.
Some points of interest in this project from an Emydex perspective are:
- How Emydex was able to seamlessly integrate a variety of in-house legacy systems
- The full extent of functionality provided
- The extent of system usage by Moy Park, e.g. stock take and dispatch and management reporting that might traditionally be handled by an ERP
What Moy Park Says
“Emydex have been able to develop and implement seamless, efficient and innovative solutions into a fairly complex production environment.
"Their experience in food production and traceability adds another level to systems design, bringing additional ideas and concepts. They're willing to understand existing processes and design systems to fully integrate with them.”
Paul Johnston, Finance Director, Moy Park
- Many in-house/legacy systems
- No accurate handle on Stock levels
- High volume of transactions necessary to dispatch product to end customers
- Fresh, Processed and Coated Poultry Products
- Production to Work Order
- Scan any/all products to all lines
- Accurate Yield Control/give-away by line
- Stock Intake, Put-way, Palletising, Picking and Dispatch
- Accurate Stock Control & Reconciliation
- 3rd party cold storage integration (real time, box level, bi-direction)
In 2016 Central Agri Group, formerly Central Meat Exports, re-opened their newly refurbished beef plant in Trafalgar as […]Find Out More
Dublin – Ireland: Rosie and Jim was established in 1997 when award winning craft butcher, Jimmy McLoughlin established Quality […]Find Out More
New EU Food Allergen Labeling Regulation By December 13th 2014 all food labels in EU must identify allergens […]Find Out More